In a Jam? Mexican Lasagna is a Crowd Pleaser for Last Minute Entertaining
Surprise! Family is popping by for a Summer weekend visit.
We love weekends full of family and friends, but those frequent visits can really take a bite out of your routine. Preparing the house for parents, kids, dogs, and anything else that might show up for dinner is tough enough, but cooking too?
While we know you’re loving every minute, making things easier with fresh Azteca Tortillas is what we’re all about. Our mission is to help you be a triple-threat: Cool mom, supermom, and expert host!
That’s why we’re calling in the big guns: Mexican Lasagna. It’s a unique, fun twist on the Italian original, but with much less the work. Your adult guests will enjoy the hearty, unique take on a classic, while kid-friendly flavors will woo particular palates. And it gets better. Mexican Lasagna with Azteca Tortillas can be thrown together ahead of time, and baked in mass quantities to serve everyone with half the work! It’s also perfect for freezing to send along with guests or keep for another day.
We know it’s a lot of work entertaining kids, family, and friends on your “days off”. If you feel like you’re the first stop for the whole block on the weekends, Mexican Lasagna may be one less thing to worry about.
Check out the recipe below for the details on how to assemble and bake Azteca’s new take on a classic favorite.
Azteca Mexican Lasagna Recipe
1 package refrigerated Azteca flour tortillas
1 pound ground beef
1 can (17 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1 cup salsa
1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 container (16oz) cottage cheese
1 teaspoon oregano
1 ½ cups cheese blend (Cheddar and Monteray Jack), shredded
- Brown 1 pound of ground beef in a frying pan
- Drain, and add taco seasoning, corn, tomato sauce, and salsa
- Simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, cottage cheese, and oregano
- Add layer of tortillas to baking dish
- Top with half the beef mixture, then half the cottage cheese mixture
- Spread evenly, then add a second layer of tortillas to baking dish
- Top with remaining beef mixture, then remaining cottage cheese mixture
- Spread evenly, then add shredded cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes
- Top with black pepper, and serve!